Monday, February 8, 2016

It's International Kite Day

Will You Fly a Kite Today?


Maybe where you are the sky is blue and the weather is just right for International Kite Day. Where I am it's raining.  It seems this day should fall on a sunny weekend. Then I could go to Moonstone Beach and try flying a stunt kite as this family did. This photo shows one of the kites they were flying.


Stunt Kite, © B. Radisavljevic


Frustrating Kite Flying Experiences


The kites I remember from my childhood were nothing like these dual string stunt kites. My own kites and kite-flying experiences were more like the ones that Charlie Brown had. I think I may have met his kite-eating tree. When I was a child, we didn't have anywhere nearby to escape trees and wires in our neighborhood.


All Ages Can Enjoy Flying Kites -- Even Together


The family we met flying stunt kites at Moonstone Beach were having a family reunion of sorts and flying the kites was an activity everyone from the kids and the grandparents could enjoy together. This man is flying a dual string stunt kite, and his kite is flying so high I can't fit it into the photo below. All you can see are his hands manipulating the strings.

Man Flying Dual String Stunt Kite, © B. Radisavljevic
Man Flying Dual String Stunt Kite, © B. Radisavljevic


To see the full intergenerational experience kite-flying experience, watch the video the family gave me permission to make of them enjoying this outdoor recreation. It was my first time to see a dual string kite in action, and I was mesmerized. Enjoy. If you'd like to try flying a stunt kite yourself, Amazon has a great collection of stunt kites to choose from. 




Zazzle Products with Stunt Kites


I made these Zazzle products from a photo of one of the most impressive kites they were flying that day. There are many more products to choose from with this design, and you can customize the text to convey your own message.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...