Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Take a Walk Outdoors Day

According to the online calendars of unusual and little known holidays, January 20 is Take a Walk Outdoors Day. I'm sure glad it wasn't yesterday, since it was pouring rain for the first few hours of the day. I'm not a great one for walking in the rain. I do, however like to  walk outdoors. This photo shows one of my favorite country roads in Paso Robles for an outdoor walk -- Oak Lane. There are majestic oak trees everywhere, and lot of farm animals to photograph, many of which I have shared in previous posts.

















Most of my photos for my posts on this blog are taken on my outdoor photo walks. I am accompanied by my trusty point and shoot camera, which is a Nikon Coolpix S8200 with a 14x optical zoom. It's just the right size to carry wherever I go or slip in a pocket or fanny pack. I love this camera so much I wrote an entire article showing you what it can do.

I have written about three of my favorite short hikes in North San Luis Obispo County on HubPages. I guess you could call them long outdoor walks. Most of the pictures in the article were taken when I was still using my older camera - a Canon PowerShot A1100 IS, but you will still see the scenery. I take you on some of my other photo walks in the related links below.

If you have time today, celebrate. Put on your walking shoes, grab a camera, and take a walk outdoors. Look for something you've never noticed before. When is the last time you took a walk outdoors?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...