Sunday, January 3, 2016

Hovering Cloud at Sundown - Sky Photos January 2, 2016

Hovering Cloud at Sundown - Sky Photos January 2, 2016
© B. Radisavljevic

When I walked outside tonight I had to go back in for my camera. I wanted to follow the setting sun in all directions. This hovering cloud was oddly shaped and  its appearance kept changing as I looked at it from different directions.





Hovering Cloud at Sundown - Sky Photos January 2, 2016
© B. Radisavljevic
As I looked at my uploaded sky photos, I was asking myself the same questions the optometrist does when
he shows me different views of the eye chart. "Which is best, A or B?" I kept comparing the photos on two different monitors to try to pick the best ones

 I'm still not sure I've made the right selections, but you'll never know, since you can't see them all.  It's hard to choose the very best when I can't see them all at once.

In this post I will show you the shots of the hovering cloud in the order I took the Pictures so that you can see the changes in the sky as the minutes go by. The top picture was taken looking west from my yard. The palm trees live across the street from my house. This second photo, just above, was taken a couple of minutes after the first photo.

Hovering Cloud at Sundown - Sky Photos January 2, 2016
About a minute later I took this shot, still looking west. © B. Radisavljevic 
I went in the house for a few minutes to check something on the stove and then came back to take this last shot you see below. By this time the cloud had moved so that I had to look west to see it -- just past my rooftop.All  these shots were taken in a time frame of about fifteen minutes. Sunsets wait for no photographer.
Hovering Cloud at Sundown - Sky Photos January 2, 2016
© B. Radisavljevic
Tomorrow I  will share the earlier shots to the west before this cloud moved in to take the place of the setting sun. There were just too many sky photos to put into one post.

Do you enjoy watching the the sky change at sunset and sundown?

5 comments:

  1. Love these cloud shots and I really like the comparison to going to the eye doctor! I can absolutely see that when I go through my photographs too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara,

    I think I may have closed to early after I submitted my last comment, so if 2 go through, that's why. It's a pretty incredible cloud formation and I love how you followed it through its evolution. I can completely identify with the eye doctor comparison... is A better or B? I do this all the time when I go through my photos. Sometimes, it's easy to tell and other times, I go back and forth a lot.

    Thanks for sharing these images and have a great day!
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for expanding on that first comment. When shots are so similar it really is hard to pick out which one to use. The next post will do another progression from last night's sky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your capture of the clouds at sunset are stunning! I feel as though I can see the cloud formations moving overhead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They do move. I could spend my life posting just about what happens in the sky.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...