Monday, June 29, 2015

The Art I Saw On My Way Back to the Car After the ArtsFest

A Garden Artist at Work, © B. Radisavljevic
Art is creating something beautiful with whatever you have at hand to bring your idea into existence. Some use paints or cameras. Some use found objects. Some use fabric or stone or metal. All have ideas and try to put what they imagine into concrete  form to share with others. I saw a lot of the results of this process at the Paso ArtsFest in May. I was still recovering from surgery and couldn't be on my feet for more than a couple of hours, so I left early.

View of Garden Pond from Bridge,  © B. Radisavljevic
On my way back to the car, I witnessed another artist at work. You see him in the first photo at the left above. His materials are soil, rocks, and plants. His gallery is his front yard. His art is free for all passing by to enjoy, if they only look over his fence. He invited me to enter his front garden through his gate and to walk across the bridge toward his house. I took this photo from the bridge.


As we know, every project needs a supervisor. This one was no different. This is the supervisor I saw making sure everything was done properly.

View of Garden Pond from Bridge,  © B. Radisavljevic
I'm sure the supervisor was also interested in the already finished pond inside the fence. What surprised me so much about this project was that a person might actually walk  by on the sidewalk and never notice this yard because of the fence, which looks like many of the other fences. You have to be on foot to have a chance of seeing it. All the treasure is on the other side of the fence, so far. I've never noticed it while driving by. Maybe more people will be aware once the new part of the project near the street is finished. You can enlarge any photo by clicking on it.

This is one of the oldest neighborhoods in Paso Robles. Many of the homes are Victorian in style. There are large and small homes and even a few duplexes. But few have gardens like this one for those walking by to enjoy. I commend the artist.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you find art in garden projects!! The cat is precious...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have a pond, Japanese style with curved or arched bridge that crossed over it. That must have been 60 years ago or longer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...