Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Almost the End of Hay Season

I've been hoping for a couple of weeks now to get this picture, since it seems to be the last mowed hay field I've seen that still has bales of hay out in the field. I wanted to take the picture at the end of May, but when I stopped and was ready to shoot I saw my camera battery had died. It seems the hay is being baled much earlier this year than last.

Hay Field on Hwy 46 West, Paso Robles © B. Radisavljevic

The picture above was taken on Del Sol Place just off Highway 46 West, in Paso Robles. It dead ends into private property.


The photo above was taken on  June 8 several years ago on Las Tablas Road by the Venteux vineyards.

Since I was raised in a suburb of Los Angeles, I was far away from pastoral scenes like hay in fields near barns. The closest thing to agriculture I grew up with was home gardens and dairy cows we saw in Dairy Valley on the way to Knott's Berry Farm or Disneyland. Maybe that's one reason  I like living now among the vineyards and hay fields and seeing neighbors' cattle, horses, goats, sheep, and poultry. At various times I've been lucky enough to spot an alpaca, emu, and even a buffalo or two. The time I was most amazed, though, was when I saw a zebra grazing in a corral at Hearst Ranch.


Below are some of the photos of Paso Robles hay I turned into products on Zazzle. When I see these scenes, they remind me that hay and wine country often go together.


If you enjoyed seeing these photos of haying season in Paso Robles, why not share them. There are sharing buttons below. This next photo was designed to share on Pinterest. 



Do you live in an area where you see hay fields or bales of hay? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...