Tuesday, June 16, 2015

A Miniature Horse

Miniature Horse, © B. Radisavljevic
The North County is wine country, but it's also horse country. There are commercial horse farms, and then there are residents who have horses along with donkeys, mules, sheep, and goats. This is a miniature horse who lives in Templeton, south of Vineyard Drive, off Santa Rita Road. It lives with larger horses next to a rural home.

When I first saw this horse I thought it might be a pony, but later I met the owner, who set me straight. You can
Horse with Miniature Horse, © B. Radisavljevic
see how small this miniature horse is when one of the other horses is near. This isn't a very clear shot, since the horses were at the back of the lot and I had to use my zoom.


I took a couple of other shots of the miniature horse to give you yet a different perspective. If you want to see any of the photos in a larger size, just click on them and it will do the trick.

This photo was taken looking straight at the front of the horse.

Miniature Horse, © B. Radisavljevic


This shot was taken as I looked over the top of the fence. 

Miniature Horse, © B. Radisavljevic

Does anyone have a caption you'd like to suggest for this one?






Don't miss my friend Rhonda's travel blog, Albom Adventures