Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Christmas is in the Air at Studios on the Park

Display Window at Studios on the Park, Paso Robles, © B. Radisavljevic
I finally made my pre-Christmas visit to Studios on the Park on December 19, but I didn't have time to share the photos I took there until today. We will start with the display window you see as you come in. This is always interesting because the reflections add to whatever is in it. Although we get a sample from most displays, a lot of the Small Treasures paintings are featured in the window.

Atrium Exhibit "Handcrafted for the Holidays" at Studios on the Park, Paso Robles, © B. Radisavljevic
As I walked into the Atrium Gallery, it reminded me of my days of buying for a store and attending the Los Angeles Gift Show. Here, though, the gifts on display were hand-crafted. I saw the work of many artists and craftsman whose work I had not seen before. If you can't find a unique gift for your hard-to-buy-for special someone here, you aren't likely to find it anywhere. What you buy here won't ever be a duplicate of a gift someone else gave. This is an overview of just some of what's on display. Now I will take you  closer to some of the displays

You can pick up a brightly colored purse here or one that's a bit more neutral. In the background to the right you can see part of one of many jewelry displays.

Atrium Exhibit "Handcrafted for the Holidays" at Studios on the Park, Paso Robles, © B. Radisavljevic


Next I was drawn to the table of candles you see below by Deprise Brescia, who works with Encaustic Mixed Media. You can click any photo to enlarge it for a closer look.

Encaustic Candles "Handcrafted for the Holidays" at Studios on the Park, Paso Robles, © B. Radisavljevic

Unfortunately I don't have time to show you every exhibit. I'm actually skipping most of the galleries in this post, although I did visit them. You really need to come in and look around yourself, since photos can't do your shopping for you or show you how items look from every view. I do want to show you these special animals, though, made by Jennifer Stang Eikemeyer from glass and wood.

Wood and Glass Animals by Jennifer Stang Eikemeyer,  "Handcrafted for the Holidays" at Studios on the Park, Paso Robles, © B. Radisavljevic

Below is a display of Deb Lysek's Silk Painting. Wouldn't you like one of these to decorate for the holidays?

Silk Painting by Deb Lysek,  "Handcrafted for the Holidays" at Studios on the Park, Paso Robles, © B. Radisavljevic

Now we will take a closer look at the drums in that back left corner. They are made by Nanci Carter from Roseburg, Oregon. They are made of elk hide. You can try them out before you buy them. Touching is allowed. Aren't they colorful?

Elk Hide Drums by Nanci Carter,  "Handcrafted for the Holidays" at Studios on the Park, Paso Robles, © B. Radisavljevic

We are nearing the end of my tour, but we can't miss Zola de Firmian's Fine Art Ceramics. Zola lives in Creston and her studio is there. She explains her work on her website.

Ceramics by Zola de Firian,  "Handcrafted for the Holidays" at Studios on the Park, Paso Robles, © B. Radisavljevic


Last, but certainly not least, "Rosy" Rosenthal let me take his picture in his studio in front of his work in the Print Shop. It's not allowed to take pictures there without permission. Many of the prints are so small you need to be very close anyway to see them well. We can't see Rosy very well either, since flash isn't allowed in studios. Drop in and meet him in person.

Robert Rosenthal in Print Shop at Studios on the Park, Paso Robles, © B. Radisavlje

That ends today's tour. Be sure to drop into the Studios on the Park to finish your holiday shopping. There are items there to fit any budget. Studios on the park has special hours this week before Christmas:

It will be open from 12-3 PM on December 23 and 24.
It will be closed on Christmas Day, December 31, and New Year's Day.

For questions about visiting, exhibitions, artists, and more, visit the Studios on the Park website. 

4 comments:

  1. I love the drums made of elk hide - wish I could be there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never seen anything like these before. Maybe someday the creator will visit London.

      Delete
  2. I love the unique marbling on the drums and the ceramics are gorgeous! I lean toward art that reflects nature and/or uses natural materials, so those really caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I. We have many artists living or exhibiting in my area who use natural materials.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...