Saturday, December 26, 2015

How Many Days of Christmas Will There Be?

How Many Days of Christmas Will There Be?
Christmas in my Neighborhood, © B. Radisavljevic
We've all heard of the Twelve Days of Christmas -- in Christian tradition the period between the time Jesus was born and the time the Wise Men arrived to see him.   I'm wondering how many days Christmas will last in my own neighborhood.

I'm writing this on Christmas night and all the neighborhood Christmas decorations are still shining brightly, most having no relationship to either the birth of Jesus or the Wise Men. One of these scenes is pictured here. I'm wondering how long they will remain in front yards this year. I'll be watching and reporting. Meanwhile,  I enjoy  seeing the colorful lights as long as they last. How long do you think people should leave their Christmas decorations on display in their yards?

I hope you had a delightful Christmas Day, whether you celebrate Christmas or just a day off.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara,
    Great to see you here! In response to your point about the decorations having nothing to do with the birth of Jesus, etc., Christmas has become commercial. I saw reindeer in the picture--Rudolph, etc.
    I hope your holidays were happy. Thank you so much for your support of my blog in recent weeks. Much appreciated.
    Janice
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed your blog, Janice. I hope I have a chance soon to participate in some of your meet and greets. I agree that Christmas has become commercial, as has every other holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is four days after Christmas now and although most of the outdoor decorations in my neighborhood remain, I have noticed a few have disappeared already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm seeing some disappear in my neighborhood, too. Maybe the desire to conserve electricity and avoid high bills is part of the reason. One of the houses part of the popular Vine Street Showcase event had a $500 electric bill in a previous year.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...