Thursday, July 30, 2015

Some Birds Are Heard Rather than seen

Birds Hidden in Vines, © B. Radisavljevic
Today I finally got around to some shopping in the Walmart Center. I found little of what I wanted, but I did experience a bit of urban nature. On the way from my car to Big 5, I passed under this vine-covered arbor. The birdsong coming from it was amazing. Besides the songs, I also could hear the birds moving from one part of the plant to another. I heard wings flapping and branches moving. There must have been at least a hundred birds up there.

Bird Hidden in Vines, © B. Radisavljevic
I wanted to get a photo of the birds. They were fairly small and blended into the shadows of the plant. They were moving almost constantly. As soon as one or two would perch, I'd try to find them with my zoom. Then they would move out of sight and hide again. I made several attempts to capture them with my camera, but this is the closest I could get. Look in the center right. The head and most of the tail and body are hidden, but I believe if you look  closely you may find one of the birds. Clicking the photo will enlarge it.

2 comments:

  1. Very clever of the bird to disguise himself so well... it took a while for me to find him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The birds have a Heavenly Father to give them good camouflage so they can blend in.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...