Thursday, June 18, 2015

My Greens are Bolting and Making Flowers.


It's been hot this last week, but today we hit the triple digits and it appears the rest of the week will be as bad. This heat has caused my chard and kale to bolt. I thought you might like to see my kale flowering. It is said that one can eat the flowers and they taste like broccoli. I'll have to try it. 

Here's a larger picture. The kale pale yellow kale flowers aren't as high as they appear to be in this photo. I was holding the camera at an angle that makes them look taller than they are. In the distance you can see what's left of my pink hollyhock and the purple hyssop. The clary sage is in bloom in front of the brick pillar and juniper. The yellow flowers are calendula. 

Flowering Kale, © B. Radisavljevic


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...