Sunday, June 14, 2015

An Auto Repair Shop in Rural Atascadero

Rural Auto Shop in Atascadero, © B. Radisavljevic
On June 3 I was called upon to drive my husband to an auto repair shop in Atascadero so he could pick up the Ford Galaxy, which had been in for a repair. He wanted me to wait until he was actually driving the car away before I left, so I had some time to wait while he talked to the mechanic. Naturally, I pulled out my camera so see what I could find to photograph.

Rural Auto Shop in Atascadero, © B. Radisavljevic
Normally I expect auto shops to be surrounded by cement or asphalt. This one had some asphalt in the driveway, but the building had so many trees around it that it looked almost like it was in a park. Here is a closer view of the large oak between the road and the shop.




Railroad Tracks Behind Rural Auto Shop in Atascadero, © B. Radisavljevic
This shop was on Traffic Way, which runs east from El Camino Real, the main street in Atascadero, curves, and then runs north parallel to El Camino Real. The west side of Traffic Way is residential. Much of the west side is industrial, and there are many auto repair and body shops there. Behind these shops run the railroad tracks. Between the tracks and the Salinas River to the east are more rural residences. This gives you a view of the tracks behind the shop. That area, too, is almost park-like.

This is a part of Atascadero most tourists won't see -- unless their cars break down. The Zazzle canvas wrap print below shows another part of Atascadero that's off the beaten track. Click through to see it a bit larger. The trucks are in Atascadero Canyon.
.Atascadero Canyon Trucks Canvas Print

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...