Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Have You Voted for Your Favorite Scarecrow Yet?

There's More than One Voting Decision to Make Soon in Paso Robles

The deadline to vote for your favorite downtown scarecrow is October 28. Walk around downtown, look at all of them, and when you find the one you like best, go inside the sponsoring business and vote. You just might win a prize. Prize-winning voters and the winning scarecrow entry will be announced at the big Safe and Fun Halloween Party in the park on October 31. Get more details on both contest and party here. 

Do you know who is under the ghost costume in this photo? If you do, please put your answer in the comments. For a hint, consider the location. If you frequent the businesses by the park you will know the identity. 



Order These to Make Halloween More Fun at Your House


Some of My Favorite Scarecrows

I got downtown to look around after most stores had closed and I didn't have a map. Here's what I found as I walked around near the park. 

This is a closer look at the fellow next to the ghost. I wanted you to see his sign. 



I tend to like book-themed characters and costumes, so I was immediately drawn to this scarecrow version of the Cat in the Hat.



His costume is similar to the one below.


Here's one with a pumpkin head.


Here's my last scarecrow  photo. I wish I'd picked up a guide, but I hadn't thought to do that. I did see one scarecrow hidden after the business sponsoring it had closed, but not enough of it was visible to photograph it. My advice is to go look for scarecrows during late morning or early afternoon.  For best results, pick up a guide first at the Paso Robles Main Street Office in the alley between 12th and 13th Streets. Look for the Norma's Way sign.



Which of these might you vote for?  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...