Tuesday, April 12, 2016

J's Burgers in Paso Robles - A Review

J's Burgers in Paso Robles - A Review
My Cheeseburger at J's Burgers in Paso Robles,
 © B. Radisavljevic
I wasn't planning to write a review of J's Burgers today. I had planned to write about Jack Creek Road in Templeton for the "J" letter in the AtoZchallenge. I was planning to start when my gardener to arrived with his power machinery and I wanted to escape the noise he makes. I had packed my Kindle to have something to read, and I was hungry. I decided I'd go to J's Burgers to get my usual cheeseburger. (See photo on left.) On the way over to their location near Seventh and Spring next to Takken's, it dawned on me what the first letter of J's was. So I decided to write a review about my experience at J's Burgers


J's Burgers in Paso Robles - A Review
Counter and Drink Dispenser at J's Burgers,in Paso Robles, © B. Radisavljevic


I first heard about J's from a friend who posted on Facebook that he'd just been there. Then several of his other friends commented about it. Why, I thought, have I never heard of this place that supposedly has great food and prices I can afford? One day a couple of months ago I decided to check it out. As you see above, it's not fancy, but it's clean with comfortable tables and chairs. One can eat inside or out, or take the burgers home.

You order at the counter, pay, and get a number. You dispense your drink yourself at the machine. Then you take your number to your table. They cook your burgers and fries, garlic fries, or onion rings to order. They also offer veggie burgers or chicken sandwiches with avocado for those who want to eat healthier meals. Healthy eaters can also order salads. I ordered my usual cheeseburger and brought a couple of tangerines to substitute for a drink, since I'm not supposed to drink soda. I sat and read until my order arrived at my table.

J's Burgers in Paso Robles - A Review
Drink Dispenser at J's Burgers,in Paso Robles, © B. Radisavljevic


My cheeseburger was just the right size to fill me up without stuffing me. You can see it in the top photo. It has a bite out of it because I forgot to take the picture before I took the bite. The lettuce wasn't wilted as it is in some fast food places. I would have preferred real cheese to processed, but that's hard to find when you get fast food. I believe I got good value for my money. They probably hate people like me that don't order the drinks and side dishes they make more money on.

J's Burgers in Paso Robles - A Review
Wall Menu at J's Burgers,in Paso Robles, © B. Radisavljevic

I was fortunate that I came at a time that was not too busy. It's my third visit, and I try to pick the least crowded times because I like quiet. I didn't get  quiet today because the family next to me had a child with a big voice, but it got quieter when their food came. Had I not been escaping gardener noise, I would have gotten my food to go.

If you want a fancy place, J's Burgers isn't it. You will get a comfortable place to sit with real chairs -- not plastic booths with  backs that jiggle if an active child is on the other side.

If you want good value for your money, I think you will get it at J's. It has better quality than I've gotten at the corporate burger chains,  though the service is slower because there are not as many employees to serve you. If you don't want to hang around, I would suggest you could phone your order in and pick it up when ready.

Have you been to J's Burgers? What do you have to say about your experience?

If you learned anything and would like to share this post, there are sharing buttons just above the comment box at the end of the post. The photo  below was designed for pinning should you want to pin this post. The photo also shows you the outdoor eating area.

J's Burgers in Paso Robles - A Review

This is my tenth post for the 2016 AtoZchallenge, a Blogging Challenge for the month of April, 2016. My theme is Things You Can See or Experience in North San Luis Obispo County. Here are links to the other posts if you missed them.

A is for Acorn
B is for Barney Schwartz Park
C is for Cattle in Wine Country
D is for Dark Star Cellars
E is for Electric Wires
F is for Family Farms
G is for Graveyard Vineyards

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...