Monday, October 30, 2017

Ghosts and their Friends Who Lurk to Scare Visitors On Halloween

What Haunts These Yards?


This is the time of year I'm glad I walk to the neighborhood mailbox during daylight. All the ghosts and other scary things I pass on the way are less intimidating in the light. I will show you some of them. By the time I walk home the sun is slowly fading. Below you see the ghosts who live across the street from me.

Ghosts and their Friends Who Lurk to Scare Visitors On Halloween


As you can see above, trees seem to attract a lot of ghosts. Even tiny ones. I never would have found this one had I not been trying to take pictures of the fruits of the sycamore tree. There's one of those right behind the ghost's head.

Ghosts and their Friends Who Lurk to Scare Visitors On Halloween


These ghosts are ready to scare little treat-or-treaters from the air.


Ghosts and their Friends Who Lurk to Scare Visitors On Halloween


This home has ghostly greeters with a little help from their friends.


Ghosts and their Friends Who Lurk to Scare Visitors On Halloween:  Photos of Yards Decorated for Halloween


Scared yet? I didn't think so. If you want to get scared, read this book by my friend Lori Moore. She tells some very chilling ghost stories in this book. Just right to read on a dark night in a haunted house. Or any night when you don't mind a few shivers down your spine. You can even read the Kindle verson in the dark.



Get yourself some spooky classical music to listen to while you read. Or just get it to play while the spooks approach your home on Halloween.




Witches, Etc.


I guess you can't have a Halloween night without a few witches flying around or hanging on trees, like this one. And one also would expect to see Jack-o-Lanterns and skeletons on the scene. Most of the grave that have sprung up in front yards aren't on my block. Thank goodness! They remind me I'm getting old.


Ghosts and their Friends Who Lurk to Scare Visitors On Halloween


Enjoy your Halloween, and be safe. Don't let the ghosts or anything else spoil your evening. And don't eat all the candy your kids bring home.


Ghosts and their Friends Who Lurk to Scare Visitors On Halloween - Photos of Yards Decorated for Halloween



*****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...