Sunday, February 5, 2017

Moss in My Backyard and 2-5-17 Photo Sky Journal

Moss Beside My Back Lawn

Never before this week have I seen moss growing in my yard -- not even on the north-facing part of my property. Let's face it. Moss doesn't grow during a drought. It is, however, growing in my yard now on the east side where the rose garden meets the lawn. It is definitely getting enough moisture to survive for the time being. 

Moss in My Backyard
Moss in My Backyard

Photo Sky Journal for February 5


The day began and ended with a gray sky. Occasionally during the afternoon, I saw some blue. When the sky was gray, I seemed to be walking in a cloud, with droplets clinging to me as I moved. 

2-5-17 Photo Sky Journal
2-5-17 Photo Sky Journal 11 AM

By 1:15 there were small breaks in the clouds where a bit of blue was visible. 

2-5-17 Photo Sky Journal
2-5-17 Photo Sky Journal 1:15 PM


By 3:40, the sky looked almost normal for this time of day. The sun was bright. 


2-5-17 Photo Sky Journal
2-5-17 Photo Sky Journal 3:40 Pm


By the time the sun was almost down at 5:15, I was wondering why the rain hadn't started yet. I didn't hear it start to come down until after 7. 


2-5-17 Photo Sky Journal
2-5-17 Photo Sky Journal 5:15 PM

I miss having a colorful sunset. 

This Photo Sky Journal began on February 2, 2017, to record the changes in the sky during the day from the same location each day. 

***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...