Monday, November 21, 2016

Are You Ready for More Rain?

The Rain is Gone but Not the Clouds

It was nice to wake up to a sunny sky this morning after yesterday's rain. The remaining clouds created a dramatic sky. 

The Day After the Rain, © B. Radisavljevic 

The sky was full of dark clouds  in the morning and through most of the day.  
This photo below was taken toward the southeast. 

The Day After the Rain, View Southeast,© B. Radisavljevic
I went back outside as the sun was about to set in the west and took a photo in approximately the same place looking southeast again. As you can see the clouds in that direction have almost disappeared. 

The Day After the Rain, View Southeast at Sundown, © B. Radisavljevic
Amazing, no? How fast the clouds disappear! There's no time like a dry day to get ready for the next rainy day. Do all your kids have a fun umbrella? How about boots and raincoats? The Kidorable website has the most imaginative ones I've ever seen. They make cute and practical gifts any child would love to have on a rainy day. Click the banner below so see the great selection and you'll want to be a kid again. 

Clothing & Accessories

After the Rain Came the Power Outages

Shortly after I got up this morning, ready for breakfast and a cup of hot tea, the power went out. I had a lot of computer work to do, but I  had to switch gears fast. I grabbed a banana and took off around the corner for Kennedy Club. I usually work out in the late afternoon but decided I'd want to catch up on my activities that required power after it came back on. It stayed off for nearly four hours. On the way to Kennedy Club, I saw this as I was leaving the tract.

PG&E  Repair Service Trucks Fixing Transformer, © B. Radisavljevic

When the power came back on, I got a bit done on the computer and then started a load of clothes and fixed myself some dinner. It was around 6 by then. When I was eating my dessert, the power went out again. This time, though, it was dark, and I was totally unprepared. We found our flashlights and I determined to find some candles. Most of my lanterns are still at the other house. Time to bring them back or get new ones. I'm seriously thinking of getting one of these four-packs so we can have lanterns in every important room during outages. It's also a good idea to keep some BelVita Breakfast Biscuits around for emergency snacks. I review them here.



Update: Soon after I wrote this, I did get some battery powered lanterns I'm very happy with. I have reviewed them here with lots of photos showing how much light they give and how to get them ready for use.




The power came back on within the hour, but we did rely on candles for a little while. I prefer the battery-powered lanterns because candles can easily start fires. What do you do when the power goes out?

Are You Ready for More Rain? How about the power outages that follow? Got Lanterns and Umbrellas?


***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...