Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Bottlebrush in the Sky

Bottlebrush Adds Color to Autumn


I was out today looking for trees dressed for autumn. A neighbor stopped me and said if I wanted to see a really great display of autumn color, I should go to Pine Street. I'm not up to that physically today, so I'll share those autumn leaf photos after I can get downtown. I decided to show you this today, instead.

Bottlebrush in Bloom, © B. Radisavljevic
Bottlebrush in Bloom, © B. Radisavljevic

I've been watching this bottlebrush plant for years, and often stop to photograph it. It adds color at many times during the year. In this shot, though it's contrasted with the cloud and the blue sky above it.

The Sky on This Late November Day

The sky itself leaves some doubt as to what the weather will be for the rest of the day. Clouds that looked similar to these yesterday brought rain. Yet no rain is in the forecast for today. When I was outside, the wind felt the same as it did before the rain yesterday, but the sun is also bright.

Dark Clouds in Blue Sky, 11-25-15 © B. Radisavljevic
Dark Clouds in Blue Sky, 11-25-15 © B. Radisavljevic
The photo below was taken yesterday from almost the same place at almost the same time of day. Three hours later the rain started. The sun is bright behind the clouds and when it peaks out between them. I'm waiting to see what develops since there are still plenty of dark clouds now.

Dark Clouds in Sky, 11-24-15 © B. Radisavljevic
Oak Tree with Dark Clouds in Background,
 11-24-15 © B. Radisavljevic



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...