Friday, November 10, 2017

How I Solved My Photo Importing Problem

I Tested My Theory that the SanDisk Was the Problem


It made sense to me that it would be the problem. So I took it around the corner to Staples tonight to have a technician try it on his computer.

How I Solved My Photo Importing Problem
My Local Staples Store: A Test Photo on New Disk


The disk crashed his computer twice. So we made a deal. I bought a new disk. Then I took a couple of pictures in the store. Then he tried to import those pictures to his computer. Voila! No problem. He had a bit of a technical problem to solve with his credit card terminals,  so we had to change registers. Then I put the disk back in my computer and came  home and imported the photos, including the one above, into my computer.

Two Problems Remain

  1. I still can't get the rest of my photos off the defective disk. Looks like I've have to repeat the photoshoot tomorrow. I had intended to use those photos in yesterday's post. Fortunately I took those photos within a block of home. 
  2. The import window still won't close after the upload unless I close it with the Task Master. 
I need to figure out now if the drive I stick the SanDisk into is destroying my disks. I'm not sure how to do that. I'm too tired to tackle that tonight. At least I know the camera isn't the problem. 

I may not be posting tomorrow. My iMac decided to do a major update today and after I restarted it, it is no longer connected to the Internet. I have to try restarting my router, but don't want to shut down this computer yet to do that. I'm getting rather  tired of solving computer problems. I'm very tempted to get offline completely for a few days and catch up on some decluttering and reading. I miss reading books. Now I'm off to bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...