Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Finally the Historic Fox Theater in Paso Robles Will See Action Again

Historic Fox Theater - New Home for the RE:Find Distillery Downtown


I moved to the Paso Robles area in 1993. I've never seen the historic Fox Theater occupied. I've seen it boarded up. I've seen what pranksters have done to the marquee. I've just never seen anyone do anything to bring the building back to life. Now the Re:Find Distillery plans to move in and make it a gathering place for the community again.
Finally the Historic Fox Theater in Paso Robles Will See Action Again
Future Home of Re:Find Distillery,© B. Radisavljevic

Will It Really Happen?


I had hoped the building would come back to life when John Turano purchased the property in 2001. He had planned to turn the space into a special events center, but it never happened. It didn't go back on the market until 2015.  By then it was necessary to bring it up to current building code requirements. Alex Villicana is working on a renovation plan that will bring the building up to current codes. The Villicanas hope to have the building ready for use in two to three years. 

I wish Re:Find success in making this building into a thriving enterprise that will bring this section of Spring Street new life. I hope we won't be disappointed once again. 

Facts for this post came from an article in The Tribune.

Finally the Historic Fox Theater in Paso Robles Will See Action Again
Please pin me.


Read more here: http://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/article78111942.html#storylink=cpy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...